Up-to-date information can be found under News!
Bremgarten airfield (EDTG) has been classified as a special airfield by the German Federal Ministry of Finance since 15th February 2012. Under certain conditions, planes from third party countries can now land in Bremgarten without formal clearance for landing in a non-customs airport.
Please note the following exceptions for flights to and from EDTG:
- As before, flights to and from EU states do not need clearance for landing in a non-customs airport.
- Flights to and from non-EU states (e.g. Switzerland) must make a customs declaration at least two hours before takeoff/landing. This declaration must be made to Bremgarten air traffic control.
This customs provision applies exclusively to aircraft carrying passengers for non-commercial purposes or providing non-scheduled services.
Goods being transported in the aircraft are only exempted from customs duties and the conveyance duty if they serve non-commercial purposes, are contained in the passengers’ personal luggage and are duty-free or if the goods are duty-free, personal basic commodities. The goods must not be subject to prohibitions or restrictions. Aircraft are not permitted to carry cash in the sum of 10,000.00 euros or more.
Flights/aircraft that fit into one or more of the following categories must apply for clearance for landing in a non-customs airport by filling out form 0006 at the Lörrach Main Customs Office at least three working days before the flight’s scheduled takeoff/landing:
- commercial flights, i.e. flights transporting goods or passengers in exchange for money,
- inbound and outbound flights carrying commercial goods,
- inbound and outbound flights carrying goods exceeding the permitted allowances,
- inbound and outbound flights carrying goods subject to prohibitions or restrictions (weapons etc.),
- inbound and outbound flights carrying cash in the sum of 10,000.00 euros or more,
- inbound aircraft that need to be repaired or serviced and
- outbound aircraft that have been repaired or service
Breaches will be met with penalties/fines. Form 0006 is available at www.zoll.de/en > Forms and factsheets > search item 0006. Persons or companies not based in Germany must state an authorised receiving agent located in Germany.
Further information can be obtained from the Lörrach Main Customs Office:
Tel.: +49 (0)761 1509-0